Sunday, January 5, 2014

Top 10 Posts of 2013


Hey friends! We are finally winding down off of "holiday mode" over here and slowly finding our way back into a routine. Today I thought it would be fun to go back and recap my top 10 posts from 2013! You'll see a running theme here that recipes were the main name of the game last year-so hopefully this post will also help some of you out getting back into the meal planning mode like me! These posts are posts in order of the most hits from 2013. Enjoy!

10) U.H.S (Ugly Heart Syndrome)
Nothing like getting all real & vulnerable about breaking down over spilled coleslaw. Ugly cry post right here.

9) Tasty Tuesday- Easy Summertime Cherry Salad
This salad was the result of my mother's servants heart after having me when a friend called her desperate for a salad for a funeral dinner. In a moment of frenzy and with what was available in her cabinet after having a baby just a few days prior, this salad was born. It is still to this day a family staple at most family dinners. And a big hit at funeral dinner's as well. (Sad but true.)

8) Tasty Tuesday- Quick & Healthy Personal Pizzas
I honestly find this hilarious that this recipe was so popular! The day I wrote it I probably almost deleted the darn thing 5 times thinking um...really...this isn't an actual recipe? You cannot share this & call it a "recipe". It's too easy to be called a "recipe". So even though I kind of felt like I was writing a post with a recipe for "ice water", I posted it anyways and am so glad people found it helpful!

7) Home Life Series Part 1-Kitchen
This was such a fun series! Call me a creeper, but I love sneaking a peek at other's people's homes-especially their kitchens! (Before you chalk me up to some kind of total weirdo-I don't show up uninvited to just start looking around at my friends homes.) I think it's so fun to see how other people run their houses and decorate and getting ideas from them. (See? Not so weird. Right?)

6) Tasty Tuesday-Homemade Strawberry Jam
My poor mother and I were cleaning up strawberry juice & stickiness for days after this project. But the memories, laughter and delicious jam that resulted made it all worth it.

5) Tasty Tuesday- King Ranch Chicken
Ahh I'm so glad to see this one was a good one for you all too-it's hands down one of my favorite "casserole" kind of dishes.

4) Tasty Tuesday- M&M Cookie Bars
These are so crazy delicious. I'm laughing inside looking back at this post because those 2 cookie bars in the final picture? Those were all that was left when I came back to get my pic. I snatched them up immediately for the pic. And then I probably ate them too.

3) Tasty Tuesday- No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
If you love peanut butter, you'll love these. Period.

2) Tasty Tuesday- Slow Cooker Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
I'm a fool for anything slow cooker & delicious. This one rates high my friends.

Aaaaaaaand drumroll please...the #1 post of the year was.....
1) Tasty Tuesday-Best Chocolate Cake Ever
There really is a reason this cake is called "the best ever". My only regret is for the final pic the Mr and I couldn't wait for it to cool to dig in, making for a less than flattering pic of this cake. But really-who am I kidding? That hot gooey piece of cake was totally worth the less than perfect shot.

A huge, huge thanks to each of you. If it weren't for you I wouldn't keep doing what I do here. I've loved this, and I've loved the friendships I've made over 2013 on this blog. I've got lots in store for 2014!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment