Monday, January 20, 2014

Sunday is coming

If you've been reading my blog for the past month or so you probably noticed that December was light on the blog. While it was partly due to normal busyness from the holidays, it was also-and maybe even largely-blamed on some trials I've been going through. You could probably tell that as well from my December posts.
I'm still there, I'm still struggling.
As I'm sure many of you can relate, when you're going through a dark season there are good days and there are bad days. Today for instance, is a pretty good day. But last week there were a couple of days that felt like it was just breakdown after breakdown. I had to pray to just get through until noon, or even just the next hour ahead of me. If you've been there too or if you're there right now like me I wanted to remind you of something that I needed reminding of this past week as much as I needed my next breath....

Sunday is coming.

When I get to the darkest of times for myself I have to think of the darkest of times for my Savior-crucifixtion. Ya'll...could there be anything darker then Friday & Saturday must've been? They didn't see the end of the story like we do today. They didn't know that Sunday would come and with it Jesus would too. They didn't know. No hope. But in fact, Sunday did come. It came in such a miraculous way that it reversed the pain of Friday & Saturday.

Which got me thinking-aren't we living in a kind of Saturday ourselves? Waiting on our Blessed Savior to return for us? And oh that Resurrection Sunday. It holds something that NO tragedy, NO mistake, NO disease could ever touch. The day that everything sad will become untrue. Yes---everything.
The loved one that we still ache over losing, we will be reunited with again.
The tears that don't feel like they will ever stop flowing, will cease at once.
The pain brought on by disease & sickness, will be healed in an instant.
The heartbreak you don't think will ever fully mend, will be healed in a blink of an eye.
Everything sad will become untrue.

Because come that Sunday morning, after the darkest 2 days in the history of the world, everything changed.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade-1 Peter 1:3-4

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, dear one, I relate so well. I have a chronic disease, Fm/CFS and the last two months were also very difficult. But what a joy to just draw near to our dearest Lord and rest in Him. I am also an everything-pink junkie! Pray that our Pappa carry you on this difficult road.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete