Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tasty Tuesday- Banana Trifle

Last week I posted the chocolate version of this recipe and shared how it was one of our favorites! Well this one is very similar to it and another huge hit with my family. If you like banana pudding, this is a "dressed up" version of it and you will love this simple dessert!

Printable Recipe
1 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup Nilla wafers
1 box banana instant pudding (I have a lot of trouble finding this, so I typically use banana cream instant pudding instead & it works just as well)
2 cups cold milk
3 ripe bananas, sliced
1 (8 oz.) whipped topping

Begin by preheating your oven to 400 and mixing the flour and brown sugar.

Then cut in cold butter until crumbly and stir in Nilla wafers. Or if you're feeling rather lazy like me, pulse this in the food processor a bit.

Press then evenly on the bottom of an ungreased 9 inch dish and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.

When it comes out stir it up with a fork to break up the pieces and turn it back into a crumbly mixture, then allow to cool completely.

In a large bowl prepare the pudding as the package directs with the 2 cups of milk. After it's set start layering your dessert!!
Begin with half of your crumb mixture, half of the banana slices, half the pudding, and half the whipped topping. Then repeat and refrigerate!!

Printable version found here!

Linking up with: Emily, Mandy, Nikki, Darlene, Jacinda, Cynthia, Ali, Melt in your Mouth Mondays, Pint Sized Baker, The Recipe Critic, Kathy, Turn it up Tuesdays, Megin, Kayla, Ladybug Blessings, The Pin Junkie, Kitchen Fun, Love Bakes Good Cakes
, Friday Flash Blog,

3 comments:

  1. This looks yummy!!! I LOVE bananas. I've pinned this to my recipes so I can make it later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pinning this. It looks wonderful.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple desserts. This looks delicious! Thanks for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete