Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tasty Tuesday Crockpot Root Beer Pulled Pork & Recipe Link Up

Hi friends and welcome to another Tasty Tuesday!  I'm so glad you're here!

You can always gauge how hectic life is at any point in time by asking me how many crock pot meals we've enjoyed lately.  Seeing as this is the second crock pot recipe on Tasty Tuesday in a row, I think that speaks for itself.  Ya'll the crockpot is just a permanent fixture on the counter at this point.  No need to put it away, it's keeping us fed.  

So a few disclaimers concerning this recipe:
A) If root beer sounds bizarre in a BBQ recipe, please trust me.
B) If you do not like root beer, please trust me.
C) Just try this, please trust me.

I'm fairly certain this recipe is so easy I can make it in my sleep, but it's also so so yummy we eat it up like I've been slaving over the stove for hours.  You cannot taste the root beer in this at all so don't be weirded out like I was the first time I tried this.  Also, you can put this delicious-ness in SO many things.  We eat off of this dish for days, making pulled pork BBQ sandwiches, pulled pork baked potatoes, salads, or we even just scoop it up with potato chips.  Here's what you'll need...

-Boston Butt Roast (here I used a 10lb. piece)
-2 cups of Root Beer
-16-18 oz. BBQ sauce of your choice

Place the meat in the crock pot and pour in the 2 cups of Root Beer.  Cook this for 7 hours on high.  Times will vary depending on how large your roast is.

When it's done it looks something like this.  Drain, shred, and pour in your favorite BBQ sauce.


After adding the sauce pop the lid back on and let it go on low for 1 more hour.  Then serve anyway you please!  



Printable version found here!

Okay on to this week's link party!!  Here were last week's features...




If you've been featured feel free to grab a featured button here:

Or the regular button here:








Linking up with:  Emily, Mandy, Two Cup Tuesday, The Recipe Critic, Titus 2 Tuesday, Hun What's for Dinner, Feeding Big,  Kathe with an E, The Gathering Spot, Lou Lou Girls , Create & Share, Treasurebox Tuesday, Create & Share, Wake Up Wednesday, From Dream to Reality, Wow me Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Moonlight & Mason Jars, Project Parade, Fluster's Creative Muster Linky Party, Wednesday Whatsits, Your Whims Wednesday, WholeHearted Wednesday, The Homemaking Party, Create it Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Wednesday's Creative Spark, Riverton Housewives, What you Wish Wednesday, Pin it Thursday, Pin Junkie

39 comments:

  1. Thanks for the party and have a great weekend~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring my Fresh Black Bean Spaghetti with Zoodles. I am honored! Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, that pulled pork looks scrumptious. Thanks for sharing and for hosting. Pinning the pork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I hope you try it and love it as much as we do!!

      Delete
  4. I do trust you! Thanks so much for hosting another great link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for hosting another party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the party! That pulled pork looks delicious...especially because my kids love root beer. Adding to our menu! Pinned! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blair, I so hope you're family loves it as much as mine!!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for hosting! The chocolate sugar cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stephanie!! Thanks for hosting! I love all those features! Have a great day! :)

    Sandi @ A New York Foodie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning! Thanks for hosting! This week I'm sharing
    Cinnamon Raisin Avocado Chickpea Cookies. I hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a mouthful of delicious-ness to say and eat Sandi!! Thanks so much for linking up!

      Delete
  10. I am so with you on the crockpot. I have been making two recipes a week. I've had so much driving do with the kids lately. Thank for the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would be taking stock in McDonalds without the crockpot Diane. Thanks so much for linking up!

      Delete
  11. Hi Stephanie! Thanks for hosting the party!
    Julie@ Sweet and Spicy Monkey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for linking up Julie, love having you!

      Delete
  12. Your Pulled Pork looks awesome and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pulled pork looks tasty. Just what we need for footie season. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try it and love it!! Thanks for stopping by Michelle!!

      Delete
  14. I had to smile seeing the pulled pork. I'm a NY girl and never had pulled pork until we stated going to Florida. When I first tried it-WOW was my taste buds singing a happy tune! Love the stuff.

    Thanks so much for hosting and see you again next week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, we need to bring pulled pork to NY!!! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing!!!

      Delete
  15. Thanks so much for the party! Have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm...your pulled pork recipe looks amazing! Thanks for the party and hope you're enjoying your day!

    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Heather, love having you!

      Delete
  17. Hello cute lady! I'm so excited to party with you today! I hope you get a chance to stop by our party. That would be so amazing. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Tuesday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kimberly, all linked up with you already!!

      Delete
  18. Thanks for featuring my Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars! It's a fantastic recipe. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We loved pulled pork! Looks yummy. Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete