Monday, September 22, 2014

Tasty Tuesday Crockpot Chicken & Dressing & Link Up

Hi friends!  Welcome to another Tasty Tuesday, I'm so glad you're here!
(Also a little side note- I know I'm behind on pinning recipes from last week's party and I apologize   I'm sorry they are late and promise they will still get pinned, I will get caught up!  Thanks for the patience friends!!)
I cannot tell you how many Thanksgivings have closed with me begging my mother to make her homemade, incredible dressing every single day.  While some people wait all year for turkey or pies, for me it's always been the dressing.  It's always around this time of year that the anticipation is almost too much for my dressing-loving-soul and 2 more months is an awful long time to hold out.
Enter: this delicious crockpot meal.
This is the perfect solution for my "I need dressing now" state of mind and it's pure comfort food.  Bonus-the Mr. adores it and makes me promise to not tell either one of our mother's that this dressing is his absolute favorite.  Though it does take some prep work it is 100% worth it and much easier/faster than the dressing your mom makes on Thanksgiving.  Let's get started...

-9x13 dish of cornbread, cooled & crumbled (this would be 2 of the packets, just don't use corn muffin mix)
-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and torn into bite size pieces (take the easy way and get a rotisserie)
-2 slices of bread, toasted and torn into small pieces
-2 eggs, hardboiled and chopped
-1 small onion, chopped
-2 stalks of celery, chopped
-1/2 teaspoon sage
-salt and pepper to taste
-2 10.75 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
-1 stick melted butter
-2 cups chicken broth

In a large bowl combine everything except 1 can cream of chicken soup and the chicken.

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray and and spread half of the remaining can of cream of chicken soup on the bottom.

Next add 1/3 of the dressing mixture.

Add half of the chicken.

Repeat the dressing and chicken layers.  Finally top with the remaining half of cream of chicken soup.

Cook this on high for 1 hour, then turn it down to low for 2-3 more hours.  (Side note-my husband really like a bit of a "bite" in his food, so this is perfect for him, but if you like your onions and celery softer just sauté it a bit until they are crisp-tender before adding it to the crockpot.


Printable version found here!


Now on to the party!  This week's features were...




If you've been featured feel free to grab a featured button here:


Or the regular button here:





43 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello cute lady! It is always a pleasure to party with you. I hope you get a chance to stop by our party tonight at 7 pm. We would love to have you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting! Your crockpot Chicken and Dressing looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Chicken and Dressing this looks so good! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a favorite of mine too Miz Helen, thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the party! And your Crock Pot Chicken and Dressing looks amazing!!! Our family would love it. Pinned so that I can make it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin and for linking up! I hope your family loves it as much as mine!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for hosting! This week I'm sharing 5 Minute Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.
    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the party! Your Crock Pot Chicken and Dressing looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in a rut cooking the same thing because I don't have time. I'm breaking out my crockpot!

    Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon- I feel you about cooking ruts! I love my crockpot and use it at least 1/2 times a week, so I hope that helps you too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for hosting the wonderful party Stephanie! I think the dressing is the best part of Thanksgiving and that dressing looks amazing! Pinning that for the Holidays :)
    Julie@ Sweet and Spicy Monkey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin, I hope you love it as much as we do!!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for hosting! I hope you like my Quick & Easy Homemade Tartar Sauce. So happy to have found your blog and follow you. (Linking up from Cornerstone Confessions).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather, I'm so glad to meet you! Your recipe looks delicious! Thanks for the follow, I'm headed your way now to return it!

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much for the party~ I stopped by with a few Halloween treats:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one sweet party! Thanks for hosting :-)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stephanie, I LOVE dressing and the idea of putting chicken into it is wonderful. Thanks for sharing and hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I love that it has chicken in it too-really makes a whole meal out of 1 dish! I like to fix a side of veggies to go with it and we're good to go! Thanks for linking up!!

      Delete
  14. Thank you for hosting, I'm always happy to join in the fun xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just linked up my Simple Cornmeal Crusted Pan Fried Fish to go with my Quick & Easy Tartar Sauce. Thanks, again, for the yummy link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband would flip for that fish! Looks delicious! Thanks again for linking up!

      Delete
  16. Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing Mustard Gravy—my allergy-friendly Southern gravy with a kick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the feature! I was away this week and missed the party :(
    Can't wait for next week's!! ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your delicious Crock Pot Chicken Dressing has been featured at our Simple Supper Linky Party at Moore or Less Cooking! Nettie <3 http://mooreorlesscooking.com/2014/09/29/simple-supper-linky-party-29/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks and sounds delicious! I love anything I can fix in the crock pot. Thanks for sharing with Creative Spark Link Party.
    Glenna @ My Paper Craze

    ReplyDelete