Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tasty Tuesday Cheese Ball & Link Up

Hello friends and welcome to another Tasty Tuesday!  I am so glad you're here!!
Today I am so excited to bring you my absolute favorite appetizer ever.  I could (and often do) eat so much of this that it becomes my meal.  And I'm okay with that.  My mother has been making this since I was in junior high and I still get excited when she has this in her refrigerator.  She made it for this past holiday weekend and I couldn't believe I had never blogged this recipe!!  It is incredibly delicious and simple to put together in a hurry for your unexpected guests for a quick appetizer or snack.  Here's what you'll need...

2- 8 ounce packages of softened cream cheese
8 green onions, tops only, chopped
2.25 ounce jar of dry beef, chopped (you'll only use half the jar)
Garlic salt or powder to taste
Saltine crackers, crushed for rolling

Mix all the ingredients except the crushed saltine crackers in a stand mixer or hand mixer. Then in a gallon ziploc bag crush a handful of saltine crackers, roughly 12 (I know, real exact measurements here today friends-just go with me here).  The cheese ball mixture will naturally form in a "ball" shape in the mixer, so simply take it out and drop it into the bag of crushed crackers.  This is the only messy part!  With the cheese ball in the bag just coat it with the crackers, then remove and you're ready to serve alongside your favorite crackers!  This can also be refrigerated if you're making this ahead of time to serve later!  


Printable version found here!
Now for this week's party!  Because we didn't get to have a party last week there are no features, but I can't wait to see what you've been cooking up for this week.  The party button is here...






13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the party! I haven't had a cheese ball in years, but this looks so good. A must try for party season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the delicious party, your cheese ball looks and sounds amazing! Hope you have a nice day.

    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting your party. Your cheeseball looks delicious! I think I have had one before with chipped beef - so good. This will be a great idea for a casual get-together or church snack-meal. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting! This week I'm sharing a warm Raw Red Pepper Soup.
    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the party, Stephanie.Cheese balls are just so good. Thanks for sharing your recipe with the dried beef in it--I haven't done that before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello cute lady! I love your party. Thank you for hosting. Please come and party with us. We would love to see what you have been working on! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Tuesday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing my super simple coconut sugar simple syrup — a great vegan low glycemic alternative to honey and agave syrup. I’m also sharing what I carry to accommodate my food allergies when I go out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting the party Stephanie! I missed your party last week :)
    Julie@ Sweet and Spicy Monkey

    ReplyDelete