Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's not Me, it's the weather

It's recently come to my attention that I can find a reason not to do something based on the current weather conditions like nobody else.

Need to run to the grocery store in November?
Oh but it's slightly chilly and a tad cloudy, that's perfect curl up under a blanket weather not grocery shopping weather.

Need to clean my outta control house?
Well I obviously can't today it's 90 degrees outside and if I clean inside then I'll get all hot and disgusting and might as well be outside. Obviously.

Need to do laundry?
On this perfect 75 degree, not a cloud in the sky day? Sinful. That's what we call wasting this precious time the good Lord gave us.

Tell me I'm not alone. This whole realization of myself came crashing down today as the Mr. and I were headed out the door for a fun afternoon we had been planning to take a break from everything like making excuses on why I can't have one single danged productive day. I was telling him that if I don't do a load of laundry asap things were about to take an ugly turn in our happy little home, to which he replied that he had been wondering where many of his clothes were since he had been putting them in the laundry room on the assigned days as usual.
(That new family rule came into effect about a month ago-when I was still actually doing something-and I was getting frustrated as it seemed every day I got caught up on laundry the very next morning my sweet husband would cheerfully place his overflowing laundry hamper in the laundry room. This happened way too often and every time I felt like I had just won the gold in Laundry Olympics only to be stripped of my title the next day. So I finally said ok we have to figure something out this is not working, therapy is going to be expensive over this. We agreed to Mondays & Thursdays as laundry days and he would be sure to put anything he needed done in the laundry room on those mornings.)

So while he's continued to follow the laundry routine even though no clean laundry has been returned to him, I've run to Wal-Mart to buy a new pack of underwear to buy me a few more days on the productive front. For reals ya'll, laundry is not that hard, what the heck is wrong with me?!?! Let me explain....
It's been in the 90's daily for a few weeks now. I obviously see the need to do the bare minimum, like making sure we are fed and dressed (note: I didn't say in clean or matching outfits).

I will however say, we're having the time of our lives this summer.

Swimming every afternoon, making ourselves sick on snow cones, chasing sunsets, and concerts in the park.

So if you'll excuse me, I need to run to Wal-Mart. Supposed to be pretty hot the rest of the week.

Linking up with Prowress & Pearls, and Marquis.

6 comments:

  1. You're definitely not alone :) In the winter, I send my husband to pump gas because it's too cold...brrr! In the spring, it's usually raining. In the summer, it's way too hot! The same excuses can be applied to just about anything that means I need to head outdoors...LOL...visiting from Doing You Well Wednesday...so glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are enjoying your summer days. There will be time to get all that other stuff done on a rainy day. Your husband may need some clean clothes soon though unless you are planning on buying all new clothes for him. LOL!! Of course, most of us use weather as an excuse.

    Visiting with DYWW.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/2013/05/blog-every-day-in-may-vivid-memories.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is the best but we have lots of humidity here in Ohio. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! You are NOT alone! I do the same thing. If it's even a little bit nice out I'm like "forget anything else, hike time!"
    Love you blog, found you through the wildcard blog hop. I'm your newest follower :)
    I'd love if you'd stp by my blog if you have some time!
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog OR But First Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this blog in another one.

    Summer is the best. Here in the Bay Area it is usually 75 degrees everyday and time to get out in the world. Enjoy the sun.

    Patrick

    csuhpat1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! We are ALL Guilty of this from time to time.
    New follower from Meet and Greet blog hop.
    Yvette :)

    ReplyDelete