Monday, November 10, 2014

Tasty Tuesday Crockpot Baked Potato Soup & Recipe Link Up

Hi friends and welcome to another Tasty Tuesday!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Today was one of those beautiful warm, breezy November days.  Almost 80.  Tonight however, the arctic air is heading our way in a big way.  With lows in the teens and possible snow headed for us, what's a girl to do but cancel all her plans and spend the day outside as much as possible.  As I drove home tonight I laughed at all the kids I saw playing outside and felt like rolling my window down offering my own little PSA to enjoy it while they could.
How else to prepare??  I get my soup on.  Ya'll I'm a soup girl at heart.  It's such a comfort food for me and I'm fairly sure it's one of my main love languages.  Put it in a crockpot for simplicity sake and I will love it for life.

This soup today is one of my absolute favorites.  As I slurped this down under a cozy blanket I asked the Mr how strange it would be to eat this soup for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I'm not sure how this one went under the blog radar, it's been a long time favorite and I can't believe it hasn't made it's way here before now.  However here it is…


30 oz. bag frozen, diced hash browns
3-14 oz. cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 onion, chopped (or 1 small)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
bacon drippings to taste (optional)
8 oz. cream cheese (do NOT use fat free as it will not melt)

In a crockpot combine everything EXCEPT the cream cheese
Let this cook for 6-8 hours on low.

About 1 hour before you're ready to serve, add the cream cheese.  
Leave this on low and let it continue for about another hour, or until the cream cheese is completely melted and incorporated into the soup.  Sometimes I have to help it out a bit by "smushing" it with the back of a spoon.  

Serve with cheese, chopped green onions, or bacon bits!!

Printable version found here!

Now on to the party, this week's features are:




If you've been featured feel free to grab a featured button here:


Or the regular party button here:





11 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting a delicious party and hope you have a super week!

    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crockpot Potato Soup...yes, please. Seriously, it looks amazing. Thanks so much for hosting the link party! I'm starting one on Saturdays and would love to have you link up- it's called "Found & Foraged"- 8 pm at www.averystreetdesign.com. Hope to see you! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting - hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful soup!! I'm a soup lover (all-year-round).
    Thank you for the party and have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting! I love baked potato soup in the crockpot. I make a similar recipe and its the best on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello beautiful! It is always a pleasure to be a part of your party. Thank you for hosting. Please swing by our party and share one of your fabulous posts. We would love it!
    Happy Tuesday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the party and your soup looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the party! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love baked potato! Definitely gonna love it even more in soup form! :] Soups/Chilis are probably my favorite comfort food when the weather gets colder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the fun party Stephanie! Hope you enjoy your week ahead! :)
    Julie @ Sweet and Spicy Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're getting very cold here. We've already hit single digits for our low. It's the perfect time of year for soups. Those we can make in the crock pot are even better! Thanks for sharing your recipe, Stephanie, and for the link-up.

    ReplyDelete