Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tasty Tuesday-Best Potato Salad Ever & Link Party

Hi friends!  Welcome to another Tasty Tuesday, thanks for stopping by!!

I love a good potato salad more than the average girl.  But I'm picky about it.
Too sweet? Yuck.
Too mustard-y?  No thanks.
Too mushy?  You mean yellow, cold mashed potatoes?  I'll pass.

There's a sweet, perfect balance that has to be reached with potato salad for me to love it.  This one has it.  It is my tried and true standby and I never get tired of it.  


Make this for your next cook-out, or just to devour all by yourself.  No judging here.  

Here's what you'll need:
-10 red potatoes 
-6 hard boiled eggs
-1 cup mayonnaise 
-1/2 cup ranch dressing
-2 tablespoons yellow mustard
-1/3 cup dill relish
-1 small onion, chopped (not pictured-oops)
-1/2 teaspoon celery salt
salt and pepper to taste


Begin by placing potoates in a large pot and cover with water.  Bring water to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium-low and cover, simmering until the potatoes are tender for about 15-20 minutes.  Once they are done drain and rinse with cold water, then refrigerate to chill.  (I did this step the night before).  Once the potatoes are cool just peel and chop into bite sized pieces.  Chop up your hard boiled eggs and gently mix these in with the potatoes.  Remember to do this really gently so that the two are mixed but not mashed.
In another bowl mix together the mayonnaise, ranch dressing (that may sound strange but trust me-go with it), mustard, relish, chopped onion, celery salt, and salt and pepper.
Once that's mixed together pour it over the potatoes and eggs and mix together (again gently).
Either eat right away or refrigerate to let the flavors mix and mingle!  
Printable version found here!




Now on to the party!  Features from last week are...




If you've been featured feel free to grab a featured button:  


Or the party button here: 




47 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my Coffee Cookies!
    All of these recipes look so good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I just need to track down some ranch dressing (I don't they sell it here in Italy!). Thank you so much for sharing
    by the way I recently had "Italian" potato salad and it was basically mustard and mashed potatoes! Coming from a good southern family I've never had this phenomenon and it was AWFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madaline-bless your heart. I've been there and feel your pain friend!! I hope you get REAL potato salad soon :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my quick berry crisp! :-) I truly appreciate it very much! Thanks for hosting a great party!
    Cathy @ three kids and a fish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting a great party and hope you have a delicious day!

    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting and for Featuring my Popsicle Post....have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting and letting me show off my jerk chicken mango recipe. That potato salad looks yummy and those are all ingredients that I already have.

    Adanna @ RattlesandHeels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adanna, I love it when I already have all the ingredients! Simple pleasures of life. Your recipe sounds fantastic, thanks for sharing!!

      Delete
  7. I'm so happy I'm not the only one that is picky with potato salad... this one really looks amazing! Thanks so much for the fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloria, thank you for admitting we share the same struggle with potato salad picky-ness! Always helps to know you're not alone :)

      Delete
  8. The potato salad looks great! This week I'm sharing Ginger Sesame Dressing that is also a great marinade. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi, I LOVE double duty recipes and that sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  9. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting!
    I will have to try this recipe, maybe for an upcoming potluck.
    I have used sweet relish in my potato salads before. I wonder if you'd think that makes it too sweet?
    I shared a better way to hard boil eggs so they are easy to peel, so that will go great with your potato salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I have thrown away more than one mangled hard boiled eggs from peeling issues, so a huge thank you for sharing your tip! I think you could definitely use sweet relish in this if you like a sweeter flavor in potato salad!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for hosting! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the invite to link up! I also am going to have to try your potato salad.

    Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for hosting (and for the sweet invitation to come party:) Shared it for you. (following you too--on fb and twitter). Have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for inviting me to the party! I'm pinning the popsicle ideas for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming Barb! I don't blame you for pinning the popsicle ideas, I loved that one as well

      Delete
  15. Thanks so much for inviting me over to your party! I have a had a sweet visit here at your blog and love your content. Thanks for hosting, and I look forward to visiting you more. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the invite. We love your link party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for sharing your link up party with me!! Everything looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine, I know what you mean-this link party has helped me plan a few meals already! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  18. Thanks for the invite!! I've been wanting to make some potato salad and your potato salad recipe sounds delish!! Thanks for sharing :)
    Julie@ Sweet and Spicy Monkey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I hope you love it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  19. Thanks so much for inviting me to your party. I shared four posts (hope that's not too much). PLEASE come by my Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop if you haven't already. This potato salad sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinea-the more the merrier so never worry about linking up too many posts! I love them all! Thanks so much for stopping by and I will definitely be coming by your blog hop on Wednesday!

      Delete
  20. This looks SO yummy! Thanks for sharing at Linkn' Blogs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love potato salad too! Looks incredible! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/2014/06/drool-worthy-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete