Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tasty Tuesday- Chewy Chocolate Carmel Cookies & Link Party

Hi friends and welcome to another Tasty Tuesday!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

You know how most people are about chocolate?
That's how I am about carmel.

I love it.  

The Mr. always knew I loved it, but I don't think he understood just how much until just a week or so of marriage when I was dying for something sweet and our new little place hardly had anything in it in the food department-but we had a bottle of carmel ice cream sauce.  So of course I grabbed a kitchen spoon and ate that right up.
Of course.

He has never, ever let me live that down.  Especially because he knows I would do it again any time.  So while these cookies are a delicious basic chocolate cookie that you could "dress up" anyway (think peanut butter chips, or chocolate chips for the extreme chocolate lovers in your life), or they are even delicious plain and just as they are.  But I have to wonder-why would you want to?


These are the perfect chewy cookie with a gooey carmel filling in the middle.  I could eat these every day for every meal and be a happy woman.  Try these out for utter happiness.

Here's what you'll need...

1 1/4 cups butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Optional:  1 bag of carmel candies, or 2 cups of chips (peanut butter, butterscotch, chocolate-whatever you like)
(This recipe yields approximately 54 cookies, unless you like giant cookies like I do.  Also, I typically half this recipe because 54 of these delicious beauties would be a very bad thing in my house.)

Start by prepping the carmel candies!  I'd be embarrassed to talk about the number of candies that were consumed in this portion of the baking process-so let's just skip over it and pretend like I didn't have to shove a stack of wrappers in the trash so you all didn't see it in the background of any of these pictures.

I've found the best way to do these is to make them like a round disc.  So I start by kind of squeezing in all 4 corners, then flattening the whole candy a bit.  This is not a huge deal or anything, however I have found that doing this helps ensure that the candy stays inside the cookie and that the corners don't poke through while they bake.

Next preheat the oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet.  In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.  In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients and blend gradually with the creamed mixture.  Stir in your chips now if you're using any.  For these carmel cookies, take a good sized spoonful of dough.
Bury the carmel in the center of the dough ball and work it in between your hands to shape it into a ball.  If this is too difficult try to refrigerate your dough for a bit (I never do this because I can't wait that long, but you could if you have more self control than myself) or lightly butter your hands.  I usually am pretty messy when I'm done with all the cookies, but nothing too difficult at all.
Bake for 7-9 minutes, keeping a close eye on them.  You definitely don't want to over bake these.
Printable version found here!



Now on to the party!  A huge thank you to everyone who linked up last week-you all seriously blessed me.  Here are a few favorites from last week's party!





If you've been featured feel free to grab a featured button!



Party Button here!




42 comments:

  1. Wow, your cookies look so good!
    This week I didn't come up with a brand new recipe, but am sharing one of my all time favorites. I think it was the very first recipe I posted on my blog.
    Thanks so much for hosting. Your blog is so cheerful looking it makes me happy, even when I should really get to bed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thank you so much for linking up and your sweet words. Such a blessing to me!!

      Delete
  2. Your cookies look absolutely delicious - great idea to bury the caramel in the middle! Thanks for hosting the party; I have posted a badge in my sidebar and included my recipe for Iced Lemon Squares - Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...your chewy chocolate caramel cookies looks so good, great idea to put a caramel in the middle! Thank you for the fantastic party and hope you're having a great week so far.

    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I always look forward to seeing what you link up, and appreciate you so much!

      Delete
  4. Love this link party. Thank you for hosting and inviting us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning! Thanks for hosting! This week I'm sharing Slow Cooker Fall Off The Bone Ribs with Honey Garlic Sauce.
    I hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandi! I love love love anything slow cooker, so I can't wait to try out your recipe!

      Delete
  6. The cookies look incredible! Can't wait to make them! Pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, I hope you love them as much as we do!

      Delete
  7. Those cookies look amazing. Wow.... Thanks for hosting your party. We just launched "Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday" and our first party is live. I'd love it if you would link up your recipes. Here is the link ---> http://bit.ly/1oNxekf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I will head your way now to link up!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for featuring my Cheesy Potato Pizza recipe. I put a badge up on that post :-)

    This week I am sharing a Gluten Free Monkey Bars recipe. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the party and have a great day!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many fun links. Thanks for hosting. Please come by my party, #TheWeekendSocial starting Thursdays at 9PM EST and going all weekend long for an anything goes link up at KitchenDreaming.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronda, I'll definitely stop by on Thursday to link up with you!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for hosting!
    This week I am proud to share a post written by my nine-year-old. I suppose it's not technically a recipe--it's "Food Rules from a Fourth Grader."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine, appreciate you linking up so much!

      Delete
  12. Hi! Thanks for the invite and for hosting! I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum - those look so good. Thanks for inviting me to the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for the invitation.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cookies sound delicious! Thank you so much for the invitation to the party and for hosting. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cindy, hope to see you again next week!!

      Delete
  16. Thanks for hosting the party again! Your cookies looks delicious! And I can`t wait to see what other recipes were posted! Have a great week :)
    Cris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cris! Browsing is the funnest part! Well, maybe except the eating...:)

      Delete
  17. Hi! I'm visiting for the first time and just wanted to say thanks for hosting. I am following your blog and I've enjoyed reading what I've seen so far! Hope you'll visit The Shady Porch sometime. Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for inviting me to the party! I love sharing ideas and getting ideas! The scripture you post is awesome! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for joining up Christine! Hope to see you again soon!

      Delete
  19. Thanks for the invite to your party! The posts look great and I absolutely love your cookie recipe. I'm going to be pinning that one to try soon!!

    Debi @ That Crafty Lunch Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi, I hope you love it as much as we do!

      Delete
  20. Thanks for the invitation! You have a great blog. I was happy to pin a couple of recipes. I now have your button on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love caramel! This looks so yummy. Pinned. Thank you for being a part of our party. We appreciate you stopping by. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete