Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tasty Tuesday-Beef & Broccoli & Link Party

Hi friends and welcome to another Tasty Tuesday!  Thanks for stopping by!

If my husband had his way, we would have Chinese food every single day of the week.  Whenever I decide to get it for dinner on the way home I've stopped calling him and asking him if that sounds good to him, because I know the answer.  So I've been looking for some Chinese food I can make at home that he will love just as much as the take-out he adores.

I found it in this recipe.

Remember when I said this Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken recipe was my husband's favorite? Well after we tried this Beef & Broccoli he had a new favorite.  And for good reason.  Here's what you'll need.

2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
1 cup beef broth (or if you are an airhead like me and forget to buy that, you can use a beef bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup of boiling water)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
2 tablespoons corn starch
Fresh broccoli florets

After the meat has been sliced into thin strips
Mix the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, and garlic in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Then add your meat and coat it with the sauce.
Cook this on low for 6-8 hours until the meat is thoroughly cooked.  When it's done it will look something like this...


At this point the Mr started eating it and I had to turn on ESPN to distract him enough to actually finish the recipe.  Moving on.  Remove about 2-3 tablespoons of the broth and set aside to cool completely.  
While this is cooling prepare your broccoli by washing it and chopping it into bite sized florets (I used 3 small heads of broccoli-but we really like broccoli at my house).
Once the broth you've set aside cools completely, add in the corn starch and stir it up until it thickens.  Then add it back to the rest of the meat/broth mixture in the slow cooker.  Also, turn it up to high so that it will thicken more quickly, and add in the broccoli.  Let this go for about 30 minutes, or until your sauce is thicker and the broccoli is nice and tender.
And here is the finished result.  I recommend serving this over a bed of fresh rice, but it definitely isn't needed, as the Mr. and I dived in like we hadn't eaten in months and didn't slow down enough to make rice.  This is definitely one to try friends!
Printable version found here!  




Now on to the Recipe Link Up!
A few favorites from last week....




If you've been featured feel free to grab a button!














31 comments:

  1. Gah! This looks so yummy! But does it really take 6-8 hours to cook? Thanks for sharing this! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take awhile, but the result is SO worth it! The meat really melts in your mouth. Hope you love it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting. I shared a couple recipes - Loaded Potato Boats and Waldorf Salad. Have a great week. Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Beef and Broccoli but have never tried cooking it in a crock pot before! Thank you for hosting and for featuring my Asparagus and Egg Drop Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one sweet party, love the recipe , definitely going to try it! :-) Love how you distracted your hubby with ESPN :-)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy-we do what we have to do, right?! :) Hope you love this as much as we do!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for hosting! Definitely need to try the beef and broccoli! This week I'm sharing Paleo Beef Nachos made with Baked Sweet Potato Chips.
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi, they look delicious thanks so much for sharing!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for hosting, and for featuring my Slow Roasted Roast Beef! :) Your beef and broccoli looks yummy, too! -Leia @ Eat It & Say Yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm your beef & broccoli looks awesome :)
    Thanks for hosting a great party :)
    I would love for you to come party at my T.G.I.F. Linky Party @ MamasBlogCentral.com :) Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, I'll come by your party and link up!

      Delete
  8. I just had to pin your Beef & Broccoli to try!!! I love crockpot recipes and yours looks delicious! Debi @ That Crafty Lunch Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi, I love crockpot recipes too! I would probably cook 90% of recipes in the crockpot if I could! This one is definitely a favorite

      Delete
  9. Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to stop by your party each week. Thanks for hosting. I hope you have had a chance to stop by our party. We love to have you. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Tuesday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly, I've already come by and linked up with you as well! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  11. I almost made a different recipe for beef with broccoli the other day... but looking at the recipe I didn't end up doing it. I am now excited to try your recipe instead. At my house we love broccoli too.
    Thanks for featuring my Golden Rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beef and broccoli sounds about right just about right now!! Yum-yum!!! :)
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have a slow cooker but do you think it will work if I cook it on low heat for a couple of hours?
    Just linked up my Green Mango Salad recipe. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jhanis-I'm not sure, I've never tried it without a slow cooker. But I would definitely give it a try! Just remember to save the broccoli til the end. Let me know how it goes and if it works I will add an edit to this post for anyone else who may want to try this without a slow cooker! Let me know if I can help anymore!!!

      Delete
  14. What a delicious recipe! Slow cooker recipes are great for hot summer weather too. :) Stop on by and share with us on Five Friday Finds if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds delicious. I love beef and broccoli. Thanks for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for being a part of our party! Please stop by tonight at 7 pm to party with us. We love having you. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete