Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tasty Tuesday-Ham Casserole and Recipe Party Link-Up!


Since beginning my blog I have always reserved Tuesdays for recipe sharing.  I've gotten to link up with other amazing recipe party link-ups and meet other people and find new recipes, and I've loved it all so much!  So I finally decided it was time to begin my own recipe party!  I am so excited to announce that the Tasty Tuesday Recipe Party begins here today!  I truly hope I'm able to help you all gain blog exposure like those that helped me.  I do ask to please link up recipes only!  I will be pinning them on my Tasty Tuesday Party page on Pinterest that you can find here, and I will also be featuring a few of my favorite each week.  I would love to have you follow me but that is not a requirement, however if you do please let me know in the comments so that I can follow you as well!  I do require a link back to this party or grab the party button!  Thank you for linking up!!!  On to the recipe this week.....

If you love casseroles and have leftover ham like we do around here, I've got the perfect recipe for you today.  We always get such a large piece of ham and by the time we've had our 3rd set of leftovers we are all ham-ed out.  This is the perfect solution because it's a whole new dish and doesn't feel like leftovers at all!  In my recipe I am listing everything I used, but feel free to swap out the veggies for whatever you have on hand or whatever your family enjoys!  Also, a few of the measurements I used roughly because I know what we like/don't like as much-and let's be honest I eyeballed it.  Here's what was used...

-1 package bow tie pasta
-1 small onion, chopped
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 (10.75oz) can cream of chicken soup
-1-1 1/2 cups chopped ham
-1-1 1/2 cups shredded cheese 
-Saltine or butter crackers
-1/2 cup frozen peas
-1/2 cup frozen corn 


Begin by preheating the oven to 350 and boiling the pasta according to package directions to al dente, since this goes in the oven as well and nobody wants a mushy noodle in their casserole.  While that is going mix all the other ingredients except the crackers in a large bowl.


Once the noodles are done just drain them and mix those in as well.  Then pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish and bake for 35 minutes.  (I recommend covering this.)


While this is baking crunch up some crackers for the topping!  After the 35 minutes remove the dish and top it with the crackers, then put it back in the oven uncovered for 5-10 mins until it's all golden and delicious like.


Leftovers never tasted so good.

Printable version found here!



33 comments:

  1. Recipe looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks tasty, gotta give this a try, the kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie, I hope they do! Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the invitation to your link party. I have added your badge to my blog roll of link parties. Please stop by ours this weekend. #TheWeekendSocial on KitchenDreaming.com and bring over up to 3 recipes to share! I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronda, thank you so much for stopping by and adding me to your blog roll! I really appreciate it. I will definitely be stopping by and linking up with you this weekend!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for inviting me to share here! I've brought my Chicken Soup! :)
    ~ Christine @ Once Upon a Time in a Bed of Wildflowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks delicious Christine and has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Thanks so much for stopping by and joining in, please come back next Tuesday!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely LOVE casseroles! Your Ham Casserole looks so yummy! Thanks for hosting and inviting me to link up to your weekly party. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for joining in Michelle! Please come back and link up again next week!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the invite. I would love for you to linkup to my Friday T.G.I.F. link party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, thanks so much for joining us! I just linked up with your T.G.I.F link party so thanks for inviting me! Also, I'm so sorry you've been in the hospital with a spider bit, especially with your daughter's wedding coming up! I can't even imagine how stressful that is!! I'm saying a prayer for you girl and hope you get to feeling better soon.

      Delete
  7. Hello there and thank you for the invite to your party. I just linked up a few of my newer recipes and put your party button on my party page. :) Btw, I loved your letter to your husband, so sweet and beautiful, what a nice guy!

    Have a nice day.
    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the invite :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure comfort food. I love pasta! Thank you for the invitation to join your lovely party. I added it to my blog hop list. I look forward to hopping along and hope you will also join my Thursday hop tomorrow. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for linking up and adding it to your blog hop list! I really appreciate it. I just linked up with you as well and added you to my Thursday blog hop list! Thanks again!

      Delete
  10. Fun party! Thanks SO much for the invite :) Hope you are having a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for inviting me to your great party~ Your casserole looks delicious, Comfort food at it's best:) Stop by tonight (Wednesday @ 6 pm) for The Four Seasons Blog Hop!! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stoping by Lynn! I just joined your blog hop as well, thanks for inviting me!

      Delete
  12. This looks soooo yummy :) I will be trying this for sure. Thanks for sharing at my Friday T.G.I.F. party. Hope to see you again this Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I'll be adding you to my Friday blog hops list!

      Delete
  13. Hi there, Thank you for the invite and for stopping by..I will be addign your blog to my Blog linky party list.. I'm a new follower.
    @ A Bountiful Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much Khit! I really appreciate it! I just stopped by your blog and I love it-your kids are beautiful!! New follower as well

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for hosting! The ham casserole looks so good! Stopping by from Pin It Thursday!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my favorite pasta dishes, thanks for sharing this.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful details. Appreciate it with regard to providing all of us such a helpful details. Carry on the favorable do the job and carry on providing all of us more excellent details every so often.How to Cook Different Kinds of Ham

    ReplyDelete