Monday, April 20, 2015

Tasty Tuesday Vegetable Stir Fry & Recipe Link Up

Happy Tuesday friends and welcome to another Tasty Tuesday!

Recently our church had a noonday revival service where lunch was served and we had a short service for people on their lunch break.  Due to my recent gluten intolerance I had just planned ahead and ate lunch in my car on the way to the service since I didn't know what would be served for lunch.  But on the last day of the service I got whisked into the kitchen for a taste test of a gluten free vegetable dish.  The second I stepped into the kitchen my mouth started watering.  A small styrofoam bowl got put in my hands with a sample of this dish and I instantly wanted more.  It was so good that I knew I couldn't leave without the recipe, and after service all I could hear in the lobby was-does anyone know what the vegetable dish was?  Does anyone know that recipe?  Are there take out containers?  Even the pastor said, I have to say that's my new favorite meal ever.
Those gracious kitchen ladies sent me home with leftovers and the recipe.  So I slowly savored every bite of those leftovers and then promptly gathered the ingredients to make it myself.  Today I am so excited to share it with you!  
Here's what you'll need…
1 lb. thick sliced bacon
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1-2 yellow or green squash (depending on size)
1 yellow onion
1 head of green cabbage
1 can of corn (if you have it off the cob it's all for the better!)
olive oil
seasoning salt

Begin by frying the pound of bacon.
Set the bacon to the side.  While this is cooking slice the onion and the veggies in thin slices, then chop roughly.

Once the bacon is finished drain off the grease but leave the brown bits.  Those are your BFF in this dish.
Now toss in the onion.
Stir these around to scrape off the brown bits from the bacon, then throw in the rest of the veggies.
While this is going shred the cabbage.
Once the veggies have softened a bit and begun to get a little golden put the cabbage in.  Drizzle on some olive oil and seasoned salt to taste.
Mix this in as much as you can.  It will cook down a lot so sometimes it's difficult to mix up right away.  Let this go on low for about 20 minutes to let the flavors mix well.  
Now it's up to you.  This dish can be made into a meal in itself by adding in some cooked, diced chicken.  If you're wanting to make it a side dish though, just crumble a few of the slices of cooked bacon in it and stir.
The flavor in this dish is too good for words.  This is definitely one to try!


Now on to this week's party!  Last week's features were…





If you've been featured feel free to grab a featured button here:


Or the regular party button here:







9 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting and have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't have wheat so I am always looking for tasty recipes like yours that the whole family will enjoy. Thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello cute lady! I love stopping by each week to party with you. It would be amazing if you would stop by our party. We Pin and Tweet Everything! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting and hope your week is bright and beautiful!

    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the party~ So many yummy looking things to eat~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  6. That veggie stir fry dish of yours is fantastic for anyone- how thoughtful for them to make sure you had something you could eat! ♥ Thank you for the party! Pinning the stir fry! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stir fry looks amazing! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You for this Wonderful Post!

    As a gluten free lady, I can relate to eating prior to an event, in case there are no food options. Truly appreciate you sharing this recipe and truly enjoy your blog.

    God Bless and Be Encouraged,

    Laci Ortiz
    www.goodmedicineministries.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT stir fry made me hungry!! Thank you for hosting and I always enjoy your linky party.

    ReplyDelete