Monday, August 11, 2014

Who I really am


Hey friend.  A new Monday has rolled around.  It's a pretty big week for us actually as back to school is in full swing.  A new routine will be established and worked in, and you know how things are when they're new...kinda squeaky...rough around the edges...like new shoes rubbing blisters on your big toe.  As always there's only one way to work out the kinks in the wheels.
Keep going.  

But let's do it different this time.  After all...
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:  The old has gone, the new has come!  -2 Corinthians 5:17

So let's clear out the old feelings and the old ways of thinking, let's search and seek and find out who God says we really are.  Then let's get to work replacing the old habits of bad thinking with right thinking.  

In Him...
I am the fragrance of Christ (2 Corinthians 2:15)
I am God's masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10)
I am made right with God through Christ  (2 Corinthians 5:21)
I am the temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16)
I am a friend of God (John 15:15)
I am Christ's ambassador (2 Corinthians 5:20)
I am a citizen of heaven (this isn't my home) (Philippians 3:20)
I am chosen, royal, and holy (1 Peter 2:9)

This week in the midst of all the new-ness and changes that might be going on in your life too, let's start here.  Surrendering our mind to Jesus-letting His Word bring the change we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment