2. I was raised in the church my entire life. Coming from a small family, those people became my family. Maybe that's why I look forward to Sunday every single week, it is the highlight of my week-always has been. It's so many things I love in one day...worshipping God, digging deeper in His Word, getting dressed up (no this isn't on the important scale at all-just stayin' true to my silly girly ways), spending the whole day with my husband...NO exceptions...if something comes up we have a rule...not on Sundays, big family lunch after morning service, being with people whom I adore...in a lot of ways they "took me in". Sure I had an immediate family, but my grandparents died when I was very young. But because of those people, I was always surrounded by precious old souls who immediately "adopted" me. God saw fit that friendships that would have never seemed "logical", between a teenage girl and a 70 year old woman, would be cherished.
3. Hidden talent? Sending the wrong text message to the wrong person. I somehow manage to do this all the time. Called my mother in law "babe" in a message intended for my husband last week. Nothing like flying my crazy flag loud and proud.
4. I have an intense love for all things bright and colorful.
5. I love music as much the next person, but the sounds I love most are the sounds of life. You know...children giggling, washing machines whirring, listening to frogs on a summer night, taps of a high heel walking across the floor, steady rain on the roof...the little things that reminds me that life-in it's simplest forms-is so beautiful.
6. I have a need to paint everything turquoise. I have purchased 3 different "normal" colors (you know...black, white, gray) for the last 3 projects I've done. At the last minute I've come to my senses and ran for the bright turquoise. I have a lot of basic, unused, colors in my garage. However, my favorite color is, and always has been, pink. Someone explain that one for me.
7. Sometimes I feel like going to cosmetology school just to learn how to do cool things with my own hair, or for friends and family for fun. Not for a career though. Realistically, I only think of this concept when my BFF-who is a hair stylist-gets to go to the state beauty supply for girly and beauty products AT COST. Be still my heart.
8. Growing up, my mom was, and still is, an incredible cook. Good night, was I blessed by her. But trying new recipes wasn't really her thing, she knew what she knew and she did it great and that was that. I tend to try TOO many new things. I'm trying to remind myself it is ok to repeat a recipe twice in 8 months. Really.
9. While on the cooking front, I made 2 goals in that department a few months ago. Learn how to can, and be better at freezing meals. I still haven't done that, however I am still determined. Any tips? I'd be so appreciative!!
10. Dumbest pet peeve ever: that first paper towel on the paper towel roll. You know, the one that has the glue on it? I always feel like I'm drying my hands in glue. Makes me crazy.
Linking up with
ALSO- Ever heard of Jenny Stewart's, French Press Mornings blog? Let me just say, I find her delightful and highly encourage you to stop by there!! Every Wednesday she provides gorgeous 4x6 prints of scripture in her series "Encouraging Wednesdays". I couldn't love this more. First and foremost- because I couldn't agree more. There is SUCH power in memorizing and hiding His Word in our heart, and one of the best ways to do that is by posting it in places we see often around our homes. Second- I think there is such beauty and power in filling our homes with scripture. There has been more than once that I have been this close to letting my mouth run away from me with hurtful words and I will catch a glimpse of Ephesians 4:29 on the wall- "Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but ONLY what is helpful for building others up according to their needs that it may benefit those who listen." Or when I've gotten unexpected news and am tempted to panic and am reminded by the little card on my desk- "The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zephaniah 3:17. Thanks Jenny Stewart for your shared desire to cover our homes with His unfailing, unchanging Word, and for using your beautiful talent to glorify Him!!